At Lauk we are committed to provide the world’s greatest food delivery experience, and that begins with protecting the privacy of everyone in our community. This means that we’ll protect the personal information of all visitors who access our websites or services through any mobile application, platform or device (collectively, the “Services”).
1.Information we collect from you and why
Here are the broad categories of personal information that we may collect about you and the reasons why:
2.Information that you provide voluntarily:
Registration information when you create a Lauk account so we can:
- create your account so you can place Orders under our Terms and Conditions
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- contact you for your views on our Services; and
- notify you of changes or updates to our Services.
Transaction Information when you place an Order with a Merchant in order to:
- process your Order and to bill you (though note, Lauk never stores your credit card information in our systems);
- communicate your Order to the Merchant;
- Send you status updates on your Order;
- reply to your Order queries and questions and to resolve problems;
- carry out analysis and research to develop and improve our Services; and
- protect you and the Services by seeking to detect and prevent fraud or other acts in breach of our Terms and Conditions or policies relevant to the Services.
Information regarding your marketing preferences so we can:
- send you customised marketing about our products or services.
Feedback on your views of our Services in order to:
- reply to your questions or queries;
- publish reviews you submit to us about our Restaurants and services; and
- conduct analysis and research to improve and develop our Services.
3.Information that we collect automatically
Activity Information so we can:
- provide you with an improved experience;
- give you access to your Order history and preferences; and
- provide other services at your request.
Cookies and similar technologies so we can:
- measure and analyse the use and effectiveness of our Services;
- customise and optimise the targeting of advertising for our Services across other websites and platforms; and
- provide location services if you choose to share your geo-location.
4.Information that we obtain from third-party sources
Analytics reports and market research surveys in order to:
- measure the performance of marketing campaigns for our Services; and
- better understand your preferences so that we can customise our marketing campaigns and Services accordingly.
We process information that you provide voluntarily, information that we collect automatically and information that we obtain from third party sources in order to constantly improve our Services. Using this, we can make it even easier for you to find the food you want when you want it, no matter what device you choose to use or where you are in the world.
Who we share personal information with
We may share your personal information with the following recipients (and whenever we do, we will ensure that we have appropriate security and contractual safeguards in place to protect it):
- Merchants that you have placed an Order with for processing and delivery;
- Lauk companies within our group;
- Third parties who support our Services (e.g. partners for marketing or promotions in the food, drink and leisure sectors based on your preferences);
- Any law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary under applicable law or regulations;
- New owners or re-organised entities in the event of a business restructuring, sale, purchase or joint venture affecting our business.
- Any other person provided that you have given your consent. We will never sell, distribute or otherwise share your personal information unless we have your permission.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Lauk will always make sure we have a legal basis to collect and use your personal information. The legal basis we rely on will change depending on the type of information and the context in which we collect it.
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to perform our contract with you (i.e. to make sure you get your Order when and where you want it), but we may also process it where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
Lauk places great importance on protecting your information from and against unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard such information.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of protection security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and to use a unique password for our Services. We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions entered into using your name and password.
Lauk will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, while you hold an account with us or to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
We will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
Lauk respects your privacy and data protection rights. Below is a summary of your rights in respect of the personal information of yours which Lauk handles:
- Lauk provides you with the tools to access, review or update your personal information at any time through your account. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can do so by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request that it be ported to a third party. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly.
- Similarly, if we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
How to contact us
By email at: [email protected]
LAST UPDATED 5 MARCH 2019